We provide full servicing and MOTs for not only Honda and Yamaha motorcycles but many other leading brands.
Our technicians have many years experience and have been through numerous rigorous training courses. As part of our ongoing quality control, all our technicians must attend regular training and assessments at the industry leading Honda and Yamaha training facilities.
If you have any special requirements we will be happy to tailor a service to meet your needs. Please contact our service department to discuss what you require and agree a price for that work.
We have limited number of courtesy bikes for you to use while we service your bike. If you require a courtesy bike please contact the day before your service is due to check on availability.
We can test all class 1 and 2 motorcycles (including side cars) at our Honda dealership.
- Tests are carried out:
- 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- 9.00am and 12:30pm Saturday (Summer months only)
- The test will take a minimum of 45 minutes.
Everyone who uses a vehicle on the road is required to keep it in a roadworthy condition. This is checked in the interest of road safety and the environment by the test we call the MOT. The first test is required once the motorcycle is three years old.
The MOT looks at some important items on your motorcycle to see that it meets key legal requirements when it is tested. You should be aware that the MOT certificate is not a guarantee of the general mechanical condition of a vehicle.
What is included in the MOT Test?
- Lights - Condition, operation, security, and correct colour of headlamp(s), rear lights, indicators and reflectors. Also the headlamp(s) will be checked to see if the aim is correct.
- Steering and Suspension - Condition, security and operation including: forks, mountings, controls, bearings, etc.
- Horn - Correct operation and the right type.
- Exhaust System - Complete, secure, correct type and not too noisy.
- Side Car - Includes checks on: attachment, suspension, wheel bearings, wheel alignment, lights and tyres.
- Wheel Alignment - Correct alignment of front and rear wheels.
- Frame - Free from cracks, damage, distortion or corrosion which is likely to affect steering or brakes.
- Wheels and Tyres - Wheel condition and security, tyre condition, size and type, and tread depth.
- Brakes - Condition, operation and performance (efficiency test), and brake controls.
- General Items - Condition and security of final drive, footrests and seat.
- The MOT test can be carried out 28 days in advance of the due date and can be post dated to reflect this.
Common reasons for MOT failure:
Horn not working, lights not working, number plate reflector not fitted, noisy exhaust (race can fitted), tyres and brake pads excessively worn.
Most of these failures can be prevented by carrying out some basic checks of your machine before you bring it to test.
Parts Department Both our Honda and Yamaha dealerships have parts departments with over 10,000 parts in stock. If we do not have a part, we can usually get it within 48 hours on many common items.
Did You Know?
Aftermarket pattern parts are not always the cheaper option.
- Honda Blackbird Chain & Sprocket Kit
- Genuine Honda - £145
- Aftermarket Pattern - £185
- In many cases you'll save money by fitting genuine manufacturer parts. Please check before you place an order and have the peace of mind that you are fitting genuine parts.
The following menu is designed to give you a guide to servicing costs at Ecosse Motorcycles.
Free: 50 point visual health check
Let us check your motorcycle to ensure it is in a roadworthy condition. The 50 point check covers steering, suspension, braking, lighting, tyres and transmission systems. A full written report will be completed with any problem areas highlighted is a simple to understand 'traffic light' system.
All motorcycles that enter our workshop, for whatever reason, will automatically receive this health check.